Polygel nails are a newcomer to the beauty industry, with many people questioning what makes them so different to Gel and Acrylic. Polygel is essentially the lovechild of acrylic and gel, combining both their good qualities but leaving out all the bad stuff. Polygel is an all-in-one formula for the perfect working consistency. No monomer, no mixing, no ratios. The odorless formula allows you to work as fast or as long as you want while the tube dispensing allows you to use just what you need for no wasted product.
Our Velocity Speed Gel is suitable for overlays on natural nails or for full sculpting the perfect nail shape. It is still cured under a UV/LED light which allows you to work as long as you want before it dries, but it is a lot lighter than both gel and acrylic nails. It also has a much lighter fragrance, which is great for people that like the look of acrylics but can’t stand the smell!
In terms of removing Polygel nails, the polish is buffed off rather than soaked off. However, the remaining polish can be soaked after if needed. Polygel is available in a range of colours, but our gel polish is compatible and can also be applied over the top if you fancy something different.
So what are the pro’s and con’s about Polygel?
- It is formulated to be flexible like a gel enhancement with the durability of an acrylic, monomer/polymer combo
- Polygel nails are both strong and flexible.
- The formula has a pleasant scented odour.
- They cure fast under a harmless LED light.
- They are very light and comfortable to wear.
- They can be easily filed off with a nail file and buffer.
- Saves you time and more time means more clients.
- Less mistakes and no dried out acrylic before finish shaping.
- Works very well when shaping around the cuticle area, designing the most perfect linear construction.
- Available in different colours.
- Easy to use.
- Can be used with reverse mould tips for a shinier finish (no need for a top coat)
- They can cause heat spikes when incorrectly applied.
- They are significantly more expensive than other treatments – but lasts twice as long.
- You have to buff the polish off, instead of soaking.
- Not all nail artists have the experience and proper training for the special technique.
- Does not last as long without base coat.
So how easy is it to apply Polygel to the nail? As easy as 1,2,3!
For overlays, simply apply Crystal Clawz Base Coat or Clear Rubber Base, squeeze your tube of VELOCITY Speed Gel, scoop off the required amount and smooth onto the nail with a little sanitiser/isoprop alcohol, then cure, and you have your beautiful nails!
Do you want to try our amazing Velocity Speed Gel (Polygel) for beautiful, stronger nails? You can visit our website and get your Velocity Speed Gel (Polygel) today.
If you enjoyed this blog, you can read our latest blogs here.