On the Surface
For surfaces such as manicure tables, chairs, sinks and floors, Virox outlines a four-step disinfection process: Remove any dirt and debris first; thoroughly wet the surface with a spray disinfectant or pre-soaked disinfecting wipe; allow the solution to remain wet on the surface for the recommended time on the product label, reapplying if needed; and allow the surface to air-dry or wipe with a clean cloth.
Pedicure tubs have certainly gotten the worst rap in the salon setting for being breeding grounds for infection, leading to well-publicized cases of illness.
For circulating footbaths, the Professional Beauty Association- sponsored Nail Manufacturer Council (NMC) recommends employing the following procedure after each and every client:
1) Drain all water from the basin.
2) Scrub all visible residue from the inside walls of the basin with a brush, liquid soap and water. Use a clean and disinfected brush with a handle. Brushes must be cleaned and disinfected after each use.
3) Rinse the basin with clean water.
4) Refill the basin with clean water, and circulate the correct amount registered hospital disinfectant through the basin for 10 minutes.
5) Drain, rinse and wipe the basin dry with a clean paper towel.&
Noncirculating footbaths have a more streamlined procedure after each client. Simply drain the basin and remove any visible debris, clean the basin with a clean brush and detergent or disinfectant, rinse and drain. Refill the basin with clean water and the correct amount (read the label for mixing instructions) of the EPA-registered hospital disinfectant. Leave this disinfecting solution in the basin for 10 minutes. Drain, rinse with clean water and wipe dry with a clean paper towel.Following these sanitation guidelines will help safeguard your clients’ health and the health of your business. If you’re going the extra mile to practice proper disinfection procedures, make sure to let your clients know by publicizing it on your website and in the salon so they feel confident in choosing your business over the competition.
If you enjoyed this blog and would like to see our latest posts, click HERE.